This 3 nights and 4 days Darjeeling Mirik Tour Package from Kolkata is just the perfect little vacation that you need from Kolkata for some time amid the serenity of nature. Wreathed in clouds, Darjeeling; the queen of hills offers spectacular view of Khangchendzonga - the third highest peak in the world. Your customizable Darjeeling Mirik Tour Package itinerary ensures you get an exclusive experience of the charming Himalayan culture. Whether you are looking for a place for your family to relax or just to chill out with your friends or for a special honeymoon with your better half then, Darjeeling is the perfect place for you. Your point of arrival is either New Jalpaiguri Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport. Bagdogra Airport to darjeeling distance is approcimately 75KM and takes 2.5Hrs to reach this beautiful hill town and SikkimDarjeelingTaxi.com provides the bagdogra to darjeeling taxi at a very nominal rate with a very high quality vehicles.
arjeeling Mirik Tour Package from Kolkata for 3 Nights 4 Days would involve sightseeing at some of the best tourist attractions for family travelers and honeymooners like the Ghoom Monastery, Batasia loop, the Kanchenjunga, tea estates, and Tiger hills. It also includes activities like the toy-train ride, which is one of the best activity at Darjeeling and visits to the Botanical Gardens. So plan a trip to Darjeeling and its various tourist attractions with Darjeeling Family Tour Packages for 4 Days. We are sure you are going to enjoy this. Before booking the family package, you can have a look at the detailed itinerary to get an idea of how your Darjeeling tour is going to be.
Day 2 : Darjeeling Sightseeing
On your second day of 3Nights Darjeeling Tour package from Kolkata wake up early Morning at 04:00 am. Our Taxi service from darjeeling would take you to Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds’ 3rd highest peak). On your way back to the hotel visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast we would take you to explore the Darjeeling City where you will visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. If time permits then we would cover the Toy Tain, also known as Joy Ride. Our Darjeeling cab service is promt and would be on time. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Have a lovely dinner at Darjeeling hote asd overnight stay.
Frequently Ask Questions
- We provide exclusive vehicles in our packages.
- For 02-08 pax including child we provide 01 Non a/c Indica / Wagon R / Sumo / Max in Superior, Super Deluxe, Deluxe and Standard categories. In one Sumo/Max maximum of 08 heads will be allowed including child.
- Gangtok city tour is done only by Maruti Van/Indica/Wagon R (4 Pax in a car). Sumo / Max are not allowed for Gangtok city tour.
- For 02-06 pax including child we provide 01 Innova / Scorpio / Xylo in Premium+, Premium and Luxury categories. Maximum of 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova/Scorpio/Xylo including child.
- During season time due to peak demand, Innova / Scorpio / Xylo can be provided as per availability only. In case of non-availability of the desired vehicle, we would provide any other vehicle.
- AC in luxury vehicle will only operate in plains & not in hills.
- In case the number of heads are more than the above mentioned maximum capacity, than the guest will have to take another vehicle with an additional cost.
- The vehicle changes every day/Sector wise & will be as per the itinerary only. This vehicle is not on disposal.
- Transfer from Bagdogra/NJP railway station will be provided from 06:00 hrs. To 16:00 hrs.
- All hill destinations are within 3 to 5 hrs. drive from either the station or the airport.
- We do not recommend traveling in inadequate day light.
- In unavoidable circumstances due to delay in arrival or any other unforeseen event, the guest may have to stay back at Siliguri / NJP. The additional costs in such cases shall be borne by the guests.
- If there is any early or late night arrival at NJP railway station, we suggest that the guests considering their safety should stay back at the station’s waiting room. Our representative will meet and provide their transfers at 6:00 a.m.
- Keeping in mind the road condition of hilly region, the guest should decide upon themselves (with their train and flight timings) as to when they should start the departure transfer. We suggest a buffer time of 2 hours at least.
- All transfers from Gangtok / Pelling / Darjeeling / Kalimpong to onward destinations will be provided either in morning from 07:00 a.m. to 0900 a.m. or in afternoon from 01:00 p.m. to 03:00 p.m.
- In case the guest is opting for Innova/Scorpio/Xylo inform the guest to travel with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be borne by guest directly.
ABOUT LUXURY VEHICLES
For disposal booking, Innova / Scorpio / Xylo will only be available strictly between 9 AM to 6 PM that too within city limits and for local use. The disposal rate will not be applicable on the day of transfers. For any day excursion like Nathula / Chardham / Mirik / Yuksum, disposal rate will also not be applicable.
ABOUT SUMO / MAX
You must be aware that when a guest is traveling in a Non Ac Tata Sumo / Mahindra Maxx, the vehicle changes every day/Sector wise & will be as per the itinerary. This vehicle is not on disposal. Due to specified time restrictions, these vehicles cannot drop the guest in front of the hotel (Government rule) and will have to leave the guest, at the Taxi Stand. From the Taxi stand, the guest are shifted into local Taxi (Maruti Van / Wagon R maximum 4 pax in a vehicle) and then transferred to their respective hotels. The same exercise is vice versa.
Again the day they are going to Lachung, Lachen or Tshangu Lake and Nathula, they have to be transferred by local Taxi to a different stand and then get shifted into their vehicle which is a NAC Tata Sumo / Mahindra Maxx. The same exercise is vice-versa.
Guest may have to wait for the taxi transfer. These taxi fare are already included into the packages price quoted. Depending upon the situation the File Handling Executive may request the guests to make the payment which will be reimbursed to them immediately at the next station.
Due to vehicle-parking difficulty, most of the areas are restricted to entry of vehicle & specific time is allotted for entries. Kindly follow the time strictly as given to you. In case of delays the vehicle will have to leave the hotel area without the tourist & get parked in a parking area. In such a case, tourist will be transferred in local taxi for which the cost will be borne by them.
ABOUT TEMPO TRAVELLER:
As we have limited tempo traveler in this region (Darjeeling, Sikkim) kindly keep your client informed that in case any mechanical fault if alternate tempo traveler is not available we shall provide 02 Sumo / similar cars as an alternative option. Kindly cooperate on this issue to arrange smooth service.
- Check-in 14:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 12:00 hrs.
- The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare the hotel standards with the standards of plains & other developed destinations. There will be cases of scarcity of water and power in these regions and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
- Room Heater is available with an extra cost which would be borne by the guest directly (Except at Premium+, Premium & Luxury categories).
- Category of Rooms unless otherwise stated will be base category rooms.
- A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory. PAN Card and Aadhar Cards are not acceptable.
- For extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible). However most of the hotels do not have the provision of an extra bed and only provide extra mattress or roll away bed.
- Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising with any services.
- In the area almost all the hotels do not have a lift facility and the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can try to arrange rooms at the lowest possible floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs.
- Child below 5 yrs. is complimentary.
- CNB (Child No Bed) signifies Child 5 -10 yrs. without extra bed /rollaway mattress.
- CWB (Child with Bed) signifies Child 5 -10 yrs. with extra bed / rollaway mattress.
- Child above 10 yrs. will be treated as an extra adult with an extra bed / rollaway mattress sharing in same room.
IMPORTANT FACTS FOR TRAVELLER’S:
- The best season for traveling to North Sikkim is from Mid-February to Mid-June & from Mid-September to Mid-December.
- All the North Sikkim tour will start and end from Gangtok.
- Guests traveling to North Sikkim (Lachung & Lachen) require 02 copies of passport size photograph, original photo ID proof along with its photo copy (identity card – Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License) for processing the permit. PAN Card / Aadhar Card are not acceptable for issuance of the Permit.
- All guests are requested to carry minimum luggage when travelling to North Sikkim and keep the balance luggage at the hotel in Gangtok because of bad road conditions of North Sikkim especially during transshipment due to landslides and road blockages.
- Meal on Day 1 of the tour to North Sikkim would start from dinner at the booked hotel. All other meals would also be available at the booked hotel only. If the guest wants to have any meal on the way, they can do so on direct payment basis.
- Meals served to the guests during the stay in North Sikkim are simple food cooked by the hotels. Do not expect meals cooked by professional s during your stay in North Sikkim.
- In case of shortage of power, due to lack of generator facilities, the guests would be provided with candles.
- No room heating systems are provided in the room in maximum hotels due to shortage of power, instead the hotelier provides hot water bags. Sometime hot water is supplied by buckets by the hotelier in case geyser doesn’t work due to power failure.
- There are no telephone lines in this region. Although the mobile network is poor still Airtel, Vodafone & BSNL operates better in this area.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, bandhs/strikes, natural calamities like landslides, road blockage etc. the extra cost would have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Once the package is booked & confirmed no refund will be entertained.
- Most of the hotels available in Lachung (a small village) are with basic amenities and limited inventory. Please do not compare the facilities and category of these hotels with any city hotels like in Gangtok, Darjeeling. Even if you have booked for 3 star categories like superior / luxury, the hotel at Lachung would be simple one. Only Yarlam Resort in Lachung meets the three star categories. It is an expensive property compared to others and can be booked with a supplement costs.
- Due to winter season because of heavy snow, vehicle will be able to drive till Snow point on the way to Yumthang Valley.
- Excursion to Zero point (Yumesamdong) is optional which the guest can avail after paying an extra cost. Approx. cost of the excursion is Rs. 3,000 per vehicle. This extra payment can be paid directly to driver also if not booked in advance with us.
- In Lachen (a small remote village) almost all accommodations are very basic like guest house / home stay even when you have opted for Deluxe /Super Deluxe/ Superior /luxury package. Please brief this to your guest.
- As per army's restriction, travellers below 10 years and above 60 years are not allowed to visit Gurudungmar Lake beyond Gaigong Army gate due to low oxygen level in high altitude for safety reason.
- The hotels in North Sikkim do not take any responsibility for the issue of permits. For any cancellations or no show, even if it is because of non-receipt of permits, full cancellation shall be applicable and there will be no refund.
- Due to widening and surface improvement works, North Sikkim highway is undergoing through the initial teething phase. It is prone to small landslides during rainy season; under such circumstances if guests are unable to check in due to road blockage midway 50% of the booking amount shall be refundable. During major slides when the highway remain closed for more than a day as a result of which permits are denied for travel, the hotel shall refund 90% of the booking amount to the guest. The rest being administrative cost.
- Nathula visit is subject to availability of permit & road condition. Only limited permits are issued by the Sikkim Tourism Department before 24 hrs. of tour (OR on the day of tour depends on road condition) to those travel agencies registered with Sikkim Tourism Department on Rotation basis. It is closed on Mon & Tue. NAME, ADDRESS, AGE & GENDER i.e. naming list of all guests traveling are required for processing of permit. Normally organizing permit at the eleventh hour is not possible, minimum time required is 72 hours before the arrival to apply the permit with all documents. We will try our best, but in case of non-availability of permit, the tour will only be till Baba Mandir. In case the permit is available one can opt for the trip with an extra charge approx. Rs. 5,500/- per vehicle.
- It is mandatory that guest should carry photo proof identity card such as Voter Id / Passport / Driving Licence and passport size photograph. (PAN Card & Aadhar Card are not considered as a valid ID proof). For above 05 yrs. child School ID card is valid.
- As permit is mandatory and very limited number of permit are issued per day for visiting Nathula, Guest have to travel by any car whichever is available (like Innova/Xylo/Scorpio-Maxx/Bolero/Sumo) as per permit issued. We cannot give any choice on Vehicle type. This is to inform you that in order to control and send more tourists to Nathula pass, the department of tourism after consulting with travel agents has laid down the following rules :-
- In case of less than 6 people from one travel agent the department generally clubs small number with another travel agent’s small number of tourists just for 4 km up and down before Nathula pass.
- The Indian Army allows visiting Nathula from 11:00AM to 12:30PM only. Guest have to start early from Gangtok. If guest makes delay in starting ex Gangtok, we cannot guarantee the visit in spite of having confirmed permit.
- In high season limited permit will be issued by authorities. We will try to get the permit but if we are unable to get the permit then we will refund the supplement amount after end of the tour.
- Please note if Nathula pass permit is not done due to weather conditions / Land slide / any other reason than we will refund the supplement amount after end of the tour.
- Also note that if Nathula Pass permit is issued and due to any other reason they can’t visit Nathula Pass then we are unable to refund anything.
Basic personal items to be carried include,
- Feather jacket & heavy woolens during winter; light woolens during summer; walking boots, rain proof jacket during monsoon.
- Advice guest to bring heavy woolens if traveling to Lachung/North Sikkim as this area is cold throughout the year.
- Torch, spare batteries, water flask, cold cream, personal medicines & Sunglasses.
We need following to process your booking:
- Guest Name & Contact Number
- Naming List with gender & age
- Arrival / Departure details
Amendment of booked tour will be treated as Cancellation. However, minor amendments can be made on the payment of a communication charge, which will vary from case to case.
Refund will be paid to the source through which the guest has booked. Any refund will take at least 15 days to process & will be sent to you by a/c payee cheque only. ** NO REFUND WILL BE MADE AGAINST ANY UN UTILIZED SERVICES, WHAT SO EVER MAY BE THE REASON.
- Cancellation has to be sent to us by Fax / Email.
- From Date of booking – 30 days only communication charges of Rs 2000.00 per person
- 30 -15 Days prior to departure 25% of tour cost
- 14 -07 Days prior to departure 50% of tour cost
- 07- 03 Days prior to departure 75% of tour cost
- 02 Days/No show 100% of tour cost
- Above are the cancellation rules but we will put our best possible effort to minimize the cancellation charges.
The above itinerary is suggested Tour Plan. The Company is responsible for only those services which are charged from the guest. All other services which are not paid by the guest to the Company are Suggested services and Company is nowhere bound to provide that service or pay the cost for the same. Check in and Check out Timing of the Hotel will be according to the timing of the respective Hotels Company is not responsible for compensating any loss or additional cost incurred by the guest while taking the tour. Company is not responsible,nor liable for any damage, loss or injury caused to any passenger while taking the tour. Any Claim related to the Package must be brought to the notice of the Company within a week.
Terms & Condition:
No refund will be made for any unused accommodation, missed meals, transportation segments, sightseeing tours or any other service. Such unused items are neither refundable nor exchangeable. Room allocation is done by the hotel depending upon availability at the time of check-in in the category of room as specified on your confirmation voucher. No refund shall be claimed, if the services & amenities of hotel were not up to your expectations. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc is to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot.
- 50% Payment has to be made in advance and the balance amount must be paid & as per time limit given at the time of confirmation.
- Payments can be remitted through any of the following mode and is subject to realization.
- Demand Draft: In favor Tour Adviser payable at Siliguri.
- At Par Cheque: Issue in the name of Tour Adviser
- Bank Details for Cash / Cheque Deposit:
- For Cash deposits, please add Rs. 200/- bank transaction charge.
- 3 % transaction fee will be charged for credit card payment.